My new work for symphony orchestra, Hyperion, has won the University’s of Kansas’ biennial award, the Lawner Prize. Hyperion was selected after a reading session with the KU symphony. The work will be performed by the KU symphony sometime in the spring of 2015. Stay tuned for more details!
I wanted to quickly drop a list of up-coming performances in the next couple of months:
- On the Rocks – Thursday March 27 in Lawrence, KS – Kivie Cahn-Lipman, cellist
- …Then a Wind Blew… – Saturday April 5 in Winfield, KS
- Storm’s a’ Comin’ – Saturday April 12 in Lawrence, KS – Mickayla Chapman, clarinet
- Storm’s a’ Comin’ – Tuesday April 29 in Lawrence, KS – Helianthus New Music Ensemble – Mickayla Chapman, Clarinet
- Storm’s a’ Comin’ – Sunday August 3 in Baton Rouge, LA – Melissa Vaughan, ICA ClarinetFest
Anyone who happens to be in these areas is welcome to come by and see me!