Pulse is 50% off for this week only. The sale ends on October 2 so make sure to get your copy today.
My new work for symphony orchestra, Hyperion, has won the University’s of Kansas’ biennial award, the Lawner Prize. Hyperion was selected after a reading session with the KU symphony. The work will be performed by the KU symphony sometime in the spring of 2015. Stay tuned for more details!
I wanted to quickly drop a list of up-coming performances in the next couple of months:
- On the Rocks – Thursday March 27 in Lawrence, KS – Kivie Cahn-Lipman, cellist
- …Then a Wind Blew… – Saturday April 5 in Winfield, KS
- Storm’s a’ Comin’ – Saturday April 12 in Lawrence, KS – Mickayla Chapman, clarinet
- Storm’s a’ Comin’ – Tuesday April 29 in Lawrence, KS – Helianthus New Music Ensemble – Mickayla Chapman, Clarinet
- Storm’s a’ Comin’ – Sunday August 3 in Baton Rouge, LA – Melissa Vaughan, ICA ClarinetFest
Anyone who happens to be in these areas is welcome to come by and see me!
I am very excited to announce that I will be receiving my New York Premier on May 19, 2013 at 1:00pm. My new work On the Rocks for solo cello was selected by Vox Novus for performance on their Composer’s Voice series. Craig Hultgren, long-time advocate of new music and purveyor of the avant guard, will be performing the work at Jan Hus Church, 351 East 74th Street (Between 1st & 2nd Avenues – Closest to 1st Ave.)
Two pieces will be performed at this year’s Society of Composers Region VI conference in Canyon, Texas. The pieces to be performed are my Trombone Choir “Reflections” and my Percussion Ensemble “Circus Suite.” The conference will take place at the West Texas A&M University campus in Canyon, Texas on October 5 and 6, 2012. Hope to see you there!